Post office northeast philadelphia
People Person's Paper People
2011.01.08 06:16 People Person's Paper People
Why waste time watch many show when one show do trick?
2019.01.16 20:06 NortheastPhilly
Northeast Philadelphia doesn't get a lot of love so here's a community for us! You can post jobs , news , advice , whatever you want. No NSFW , porn or anything illegal.
2008.10.04 23:41 Pennsylvania
The Pennsylvania subreddit is a place to find news and discussion affecting Pennamites in every part of the Commonwealth.
2023.06.07 18:45 naatrasha Advice on Obtaining a Visa in Germany as a Foreigner
Hi, I want to preface this post by saying that I understand this is not a great situation and I should have done my best to avoid it, but I am stuck with this problem now and after trying to deal with it for over a month, I need help.
I am a Canadian student on an exchange program in Germany funded by ERASMUS. This is a European exchange program, but because my Canadian university has a partnership with my German university, I am able to obtain the scholarship funding awarded by this program. Therefore, I am currently working in an unpaid research internship role at a German university. Being an unpaid intern and my origin being Canada, I did not require a visa to enter Germany or to perform my internship. I am on my exchange in Germany from April 29th to July 30th and will travel within the Schengen region after this date, departing to Canada from the Netherlands on August 10th. This makes my total stay in the Schengen region to be 104 days, over the 90-day requirement.
I could not obtain my visa before entering Germany due to the short time between receiving my invitation letter and my departure. According to the German missions in Toronto
, I can also legally obtain a visa for my "Youth Mobility" stay at other missions abroad or Alien's Authorities (Ausländerbehörde). Knowing this and knowing I did not have time to get my visa prior to leaving, I assumed I could get it by the same process while in Germany when I arrived. Boy was I wrong.
I have been sending emails to my local Migrationsamt for over a month now and they have not been able to assist me with visa advice, only providing me with instructions to receive a residence permit. I even received advice from the German federal foreign office helpline and they also instructed me to contact the Migrationsamt/local aliens authority/foreigners authority to extend my stay in the Schengen region.
What do I do now? Do I try to have a German-speaking friend assist me in calling the Migrationsamt? Am I even contacting the right people? Any advice is much appreciated as this entire process has been causing me so much anxiety since I arrived I have not been able to enjoy a single day in this beautiful country without thinking about this situation.
Thank you in advance and sorry for such a long post.
submitted by naatrasha
to germany [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 18:37 HansenIntercept Something about that woman makes me wanna titty fuck
2023.06.07 18:37 severine666 What's up with the people on Ask Middle East sub? 🙄
| || | submitted by severine666 to exmuslim [link] [comments]
These are some of the comments on this post on ask middle east sub. You can check the rest of them here: https://www.reddit.com/AskMiddleEast/comments/1439nom/a_teacher_in_canada_tells_muslim_pupils_off_fo?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1
Okay it's fine if you don't want to attend an event dedicated to LGBTQ+ people and rights because it's against your shitty ass homophobic religion.
But to be this hypocritical when you are IN THE FUCKING WEST?
"I cAn eNjOy tHe oPpOrTuNiTiEs pRoViDeD bY tHe iNfiDeL cOuNtrIeS I LiVe iN bUt tHaT dOes NoT mEaN i gOtTa rEspEcT tHe iNfiDeL coUntrIeS' vAlUes"
Lol FUCK OFF.
This shows that they can't be happy in their own Islamic homeland that have Islamic values. They can only live happily in infidel countries that have unislamic values.
In the fucking west, these idiots demand lots of rights and special treatments, demand mosques to be built, demand the rights to wear hijab at workplaces, government offices, schools, demand spaces for prayers at workplaces etc. But then they insult and disrespect the values of the countries that they demand those things from. Idiots!
2023.06.07 18:35 Key-Effort963 Should I take a job with USPS or local government
Concerned about my Tricare. I’ve read that the post office is going to PSHB and will no longer be under FEHB.
USPS garage assistant $49,000 annual salary
Local government Plant maintenance mechanic apprenticeship - $39-68,000 a/s
submitted by Key-Effort963
to usajobs [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 18:35 half_pizzaman Pool
- Defend the Ahmaud Arbery killing, including with the lie that he had to be up to no good because he was wearing boots (he wasn't), that he drove 26 miles from his house (it was 1.8, on foot), and that the chase driver was innocent (he hit Arbery with his vehicle)
- Defend the Ralph Yarl shooting
- Defend a guy who drove into a crowd of BLM protesters and shot a guy four times
- Defend Officer Chauvin for killing an unarmed, subdued, and later unconscious man, but condemning Officer Byrd for killing an armed rioter breaking into a protected government area
- Incoherently defend the killing of a disorderly homeless man - tried to compare his yelling on the subway to a home invasion, donating $20k to Daniel Penny's legal defense in order to fight the "culture war.", before - on the same day - condemning the killing of a disorderly person who said the n-word
- Claim to be an advocate of public healthcare, then opposing its proposal
- Oppose Roe v. Wade and its prospective codification by Congress and stating that if the abortion debate came down to banning abortion entire versus allowing it up to 9 months, he'd ban it completely to protect the unborn children, before the Uvalde shooting happened a week later, and he stated that 'it doesn't matter how many children are harmed, because you can't take away rights from people'
- Suggest that it'd be self-defense to kill an abortion doctor
- Encourage “liberals to abort and sterilize their kids” to ensure a more conservative future
- Assert that the 10-year-old Ohio rape victim was a hoax - until it was determined to be committed by an illegal immigrant
- Claim Lizzo will trigger communist famine that will wipe out liberals, while implicitly admitting he’s “on the right” again
- Called someone a Nazi for sharing a photo of him with WNs
- Refer to "a certain World War Two-era hero"
- Deflect from a mass shooting by a neo-nazi fan of Tim Pool - baselessly claiming his SNS was faked to impugn him because ‘they’re losing the culture war’, despite Tim himself posting phony information, before declaring multiculturalism was the real cause
- Claim "Biden colluded with big tech to steal 2020 Confirmed" while willfully ignoring the actual government entity who made similar requests
- Implicitly admit he’s right-wing and rejecting meta-studies, wants to see the Daily Wire grow because it "shares our values", works for TPUSA to talk about how totally segregated Occupy was
- Lie about Shake Shack poisoning police
- Defend Andrew Tate and Harvey Weinstein
- Lie that “Per capita, trans people commit more acts of terrorism than any other demographic.” and that Democrats cause mass shootings
- Lie that a hospital is supposedly performing secret "trans surgeries"
- Lie that a research article supposedly encouraged SA
- Suggest Target and LGBT people are pedophiles based on colors
- Call people supporting pride celebrations in school “pedophiles”
- State: “if you drink bud light and shop at target youre gay”
- Advocate people start suing schools for displaying pride flags, because the rainbow is a Christian symbol which "they are using to represent sin".
- Justify anti-LGBT vandalism
- Suggest an "illegal end" to the "problem" of LGBTQ people
- Rationalize the shooting of LGBT people and advocating their imprisonment, call for any Miami cops listening to him to go rogue and start arresting people for hosting drag shows, call for DeSantis to pursue criminal charges against parents of trans children, and forcibly detransition them
- State there isn't a "classical liberal solution" to the problem of trans people existing: Trans people are creating a "crooked and corrupt society", and we need "some kind of system that says here are the lines, do not cross them"
- Say that trans people should be prohibited from owning guns
- Argue that "cancel culture" is only unacceptable for thee, while endorsing the boycott of Hershey's, and advocating boycotts of Anheuser Busch while demanding they apologize for having the temerity to include a transgender person on an Instagram post, fall for a satirical post of them apologizing
- Blame Anheuser Busch for conservatives assaulting its consumers
- Crybully LGBT people
- Oppose no-fault divorce
- Call for a dictator to "take the reigns of power" and "cleanse the system" by mass arresting Democratic politicians
- Employ and feature white nationalists like Cassandra Fairbanks and Hannah Brimelow
- Preface Fuentes' appearance by suggesting he couldn't be a white supremacist because of his association with Kanye - who Pool endorsed
- Assert that seizing classified documents is like Kristallnacht, calling for war if Trump is arrested
- Condemn your own website for using the legally accurate term "asylum seekers".
- Mock the idea that immigrants being separated from their families and kept in cages in squalid conditions amounted to concentration camps, before later asserting that covid quarantine facilities are concentration camps
- Express vaccine skepticism after condemning the left for supposedly being skeptical of a rushed vaccine in 2020
- Believe the Damar Hamlin "body double" conspiracy theory
- Suggest Bieber’s facial paralysis was due to the vaccine (chickenpox actually), ditto with Jamie Foxx, implying that a kid had a heart attack due to the vaccine, before being informed that his own linked article states there was no heart attack, which he ignores in lieu of doubling down and insulting leftists
- Defend Stein's harassment of AOC, championing Steven Crowder, defend Crowder’s spousal abuse
- Argue with his conservative friends that they’re wrong about Mario not being woke
- Assert Fox News is “too woke”
- General hypocrisy
- Declare Democrats “low info voters” because they voted for a dead candidate, before changing tack after the article also reveals Republicans did so as well
- Assert Trump will end the war in Ukraine in 10 minutes, by using the genius strategy of... asking everyone to stop fighting
- Claim that there was a "soft coup" against Trump
- The "49 state landslide", another "landslide" if Trump is arrested, his repeated predictions of a 2022 "red wave" - which he insisted came to fruition even after the results were known, prompting Milo Yiannopoulos to reel him in
- Declare “Trump is likely going to win in 2024”
- Repeatedly declare AOC is going to lose
- Misrepresent polarization data
- Claim that "If Trump gets reelected, you're gonna have all your dreams come true."
- Advocate Trump endorse Kari Lake as VP
- Suggest Kari Lake lost due to fraud, but turning on Mike Lindell as soon as he alleged fraud by Republicans
- Launder debunked claims of voter fraud - which he used to encourage January 6th attendance, but after which, alleging that antifa was really responsible, before switching tack again and threatening that if "backed into a corner Trump supporters will snap harder than they did on the 6th"
- Proclaim that "Q Shaman IS INNOCENT"
- Insist that Democrats are evil, assert that people who criticize the police are to blame for the murder of Tyre Nichols via new policing standards - of which he ignores that they were hired prior to
- Speculate that the Ohio train Derailment, as well as the recent attacks on power substations in North Carolina, weren't at all accidental and may have been coordinated by leftists
- Assert that people only vote Democratic because they’re “NPCs”
- Suggest young people and mentally ill people shouldn’t be allowed to vote, coming around to the position that women shouldn't be allowed to vote, because he keeps hearing conservative women say the 19th amendment should be repealed
- Propose a "solution" to the problem of women in the workforce: "The only result that is possible is that we become a much more traditional country"
- Claim it's actually bad to provide food to people in need. Instead, society should "create some degree of hardship where they're forced to actually work for their food".
- Approve of a new type of school, where kids are placed on tiny farms so that they can "engage in some commerce" and receive "military tactics training".
- Complain that you can't use the n-word, defend Scott Adams for saying black people are a "hate group" that white people need to "get the hell away from" by claiming he was really talking about the racism in hiring practices
- Go from lambasting the 'giant breasted teacher' as deranged leftism - to supporting it after it was revealed they're a right-wing troll
- Think leaked Tucker Carlson videos will be revealed as ‘deep fake’ trap for Media Matters
- Assert that liberals are insincerely praising TLOU show - based on its homosexual couple
- Claim the shooting of a NJ GOP councilwoman was politically motivated - without evidence, but ignoring the NM GOP candidate who explicitly targeted Democrats just weeks earlier,
- Say that if he were on the jury, he'd vote to acquit Paul Pelosi's attacker
- Do this conspicuous shit
submitted by half_pizzaman
to u/half_pizzaman [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 18:34 Any_Strategy_549 KN90 masks not allowed to be worn in the post office?
Postmaster said they are not allowed to be worn. Please explain why?
submitted by Any_Strategy_549
to USPS [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 18:34 Key_Outcome_3386 Why would my ex 's fiance (26F) slander my name (35F), create drama and stalk me 7 years after I broke up with my ex (37M)?
Advice needed please
Backstory: Him and I were together for 3 years, we lived together for 2 years. He asked me to marry him 2 years in, I said yes. I realized shortly after that he exhibited a lot of traits that were too toxic to overlook and we civilly discussed breaking up when our lease ended at the beginning of the summer '16. When the lease ended we both moved to separate places and went through with the break up. It was a clean breakup, no drama, mutual etc. I have not had any contact with him since 2016. We have some mutual friends post breakup, 1 of which I've stayed in touch with casually, we've hung out maybe 1-3x in the past 7 years.
2019: My ex is currently engaged to a 26 year old woman. He started seeing her in 2018. The reason I know this is because this woman stalked me periodically since they started dating. It started in 2019 when she made 3 visits to my part time place of employment which is a small retail store in the city. She came in and struck up a convo with a random customer at the store and loudly said her name, my ex's name, that they worked together, mentioned where they worked, said that she was better looking than his ex and was making small talk. She was clearly trying to provoke me, but I ignored her. She even signed up for a joint account under her name and my ex's name with my manager and said "we'll be back as a couple". She came in 2x after that and my co-workers assisted her. I also saw her trailing my car 2x when I was driving to my parent's house, 40 minutes from the city where I live and where she presumably lived at the time, she followed me all the way to my street but didn't turn. 2021: I was driving to the grocery store in my neighborhood and saw her and my ex standing outside of a cigar shop downtown less than a 2 minute walk from the apartment complex I live at. I didn't think anything of it, although they don't live in my current city. This was around 7:30pm. The next morning I woke up and my car's tail light was smashed out and my car was scratched. I filed a police report and the officer said it was vandalized, and it was not from another car hitting my vehicle, he asked me if anyone would have done this. There are no cameras on the lot where I live. 2023: February:" I saw her standing outside of my apartment when I was coming in from a coffee run. My apartment complex has residential and commercial leases so I didn't question it and assumed she was here for one of the businesses.
Then 2 weeks ago at random I got a message from the mutual friend that I have with my ex. He informed me that he had been told he was not allowed to attend my ex's wedding, because his fiance doesn't want them to be friends. He told me he was deleted off all social media accounts and blocked by both of them, simply for following me on instagram. He also told me that my ex's fiance had been stalking me online and had told him that she noticed he liked almost all of my posts over the last 2 years and that was unacceptable to her. He was at the home of her and my ex, when she confronted him and told him I was disgusting and called me some awful names. She accused him of having a crush on me and asked why he would follow me or like my posts unless he thought I was better than her. When he disagreed with her and said she was being irrational, she went and got my ex from his room and had him escort this person out of their house. BTW, my ex and this person have been best friends since they were 8.
I've never spoken to this woman, my ex and I haven't talked in 7 years, she's never met me, I've never done anything to her, yet after 7 years she's still causing drama to spill into my life. What's the reason for this and besides blocking her and continuing to ignore her should I do anything else?
TLDR: My ex and I had a mutual break up 7 years ago, civilly and with no drama. The break up was initiated by me. We haven't spoken since 2016. His fiance who he started seeing in 2018 has stalked me for 4 years, slanders my name, has come into my work and been seen outside of my home. She has caused drama to spill over into my life as recently as this week when she demanded her fiance tell his best friend that he was no longer welcome at their wedding after the confronted him for being my friend on social media.
submitted by Key_Outcome_3386
to Stalking [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 18:32 Ineedtherapysobad How to handle breaking up with significant other when we live together. Need advice please
tl;dr: currently living with my significant other and the relationship is not working out anymore. stuck in a lease that ends in 6 months. trying to figure out another living situation but i have no where else to go until I would get a new apartment. can anyone give me advice on the steps that need to be taken to get out of a lease and to move my stuff and find a new place?
Can anyone give advice on how to handle a break up when you live with your significant other? I’ve been in a relationship for 3 years and we’ve been living together for a year and a half. Unfortunately it’s not working out anymore and I’m planning to break up with him. I would give more details but I don’t want him to find this post. We are stuck in a lease with 6 months left until the lease is up. I can’t live with him anymore due to a multitude of reasons. I don’t want to wait 6 months until I can leave. It’s very urgent that I get out of this situation ASAP. I also have no family nearby that can help me. My nearest family is a 10 hour drive away. I don’t plan on moving back in with my family since there’s a reason I moved out. Moving back to my hometown where they live is not an option. I moved out here to live with him since his family is here. I’m looking into other apartments nearby and planning on calling and seeing if there’s a waitlist. I tried looking online and throughout all my documents to see if I can find a copy of our lease agreement so I can view the terms and see how to break our current lease but I can’t find anything anywhere. I’m planning on just going down to the apartment front office today to discuss it but I want to make sure I approach this situation the correct way. I also have a decent amount of coworkers that are aware of the situation and have offered help and support so I’m sure I can lean on them for a couple things. One of my coworkers is also looking to move out from where they are living and we discussed the possibility of being roommates. If that falls through, I’m sure I can find someone else or I should be able to afford low income housing on my own.
I have a good job that I like and I plan on staying there. I don’t have a car unfortunately and don’t even know how to drive since my family never wanted to teach me and neither did my boyfriend or his family. That’s one of the things that’s been holding me back from being completely independent. I have an electric scooter which I use to commute to and from work and I don’t have much need for a car since I mainly just work. I just worry about how I would move my stuff out of the apartment and how I would go grocery shopping. I usually use Uber if I don’t have a ride but that’s not practical with a million grocery bags that I have to carry. I guess I could use instacart and get groceries delivered. I’m sure I could find someone to help me move out my belongings but if not then I can’t rent or drive a u haul so I’d have to hiring a moving company or something. It all seems so complicated but I’m not going to delay any longer if I know this relationship won’t work out. My coworkers have shown me that they are a strong support system so I think I can rely on them for some things.
I feel very lost and don’t really know where to start. This is my first relationship and I’ve never been through a breakup before and obviously not one where I live with the other person. I would appreciate if someone could give me some advice on how to approach this situation. I would like to know the steps I need to take to get out of this situation. I have a lot of stuff and I’m not sure where I would store it until I find a new place. I need some guidance on how to divide up belongings and figure out who would take what. I know I would also have to get a new mattress since I don’t even have one. The mattress is his. There’s also a dresser that we have that I would wanna take and we have two TVs, one of which is mine. We also have a dog which he paid for and I was planning on allowing him to keep it anyways. I hope there’s not anything important that I could be forgetting. My mind is so fuzzy I feel like I’m going through something very traumatic.
If anyone could give me some advice and walk me through the steps I need to take to get out of this situation and get into a new living situation then that would be greatly appreciated. I know I’m obviously not the only one who has gone through this so if someone else who has can give me advice I would appreciate it. Thank you.
submitted by Ineedtherapysobad
to relationships [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 18:31 nobuwushi23 In response to the army running its mouth about d-day
| || |
sorry if its poor quality but I wanted to contribute. Disclaimer: I'm a civ. Trying to commission later. submitted by nobuwushi23 to USMC [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 18:31 Glum_Feature_2718 I need advice on parenting.
My DMs are open if you have something you absolutely want me to read, or if you’d like to be kind of like a mentor to me, I’d appreciate it.
Please read the whole thing before commenting so you get all the details. I will answer questions too in the comments.
Hello. I will not share my first name on a public post, but you can call me Ernest. I am 14 years old, and I live in Kentucky. I just “graduated” from 8th grade. Based on my first post, people find it difficult to believe that this is really my age, due to my grammar. Really I’m just intelligent. (ironic considering my life choices) I’m on the Honor Roll and I’m in GaT. I am in the Traditional Program and will be applying for MENSA when I can. This doesn’t really prove my age at all, I know, but I’ll include it anyway. You may judge me, but if you’re not going to be kind about it, please don’t comment.
Due to my own stupidity, I am going to be a father. Baby should be due around February. My girlfriend, who is also 14, and I have both been heavily discussing it. Abortion is illegal where we live, and even if it wasn’t, I’d rather not abort it due to moral reasons (If it is the best/only option I would be fine with it). She agrees. Actions have consequences, and I think I need to learn that. So we’ve decided to keep the baby and raise it together.
I am getting a job as soon as possible. I have a whole career and education plan already. I am willing to adjust it for the baby and her if I need to, but I probably don’t have to. If I stick to it, I will follow my dream and make lots of money. I plan to go down an Army career path. JROTC, ROTC, and working to get my Eagle Scout badge so I am qualified to be a commissioned officer right off the bat.
I have voiced my worries about becoming a father to her, and she’s reassured me it will all be okay even if it’s hard. I love her so much, we’ve been dating for 9 months, which for a middle school relationship, is crazy. We’ve been through so much together, and she’s never left my side.
I know I am unprepared. At this age I could never be fully prepared. But I want to be as prepared as I can.
I need advice. How do I help my girlfriend while she is pregnant? And more importantly, how do I be a good father?
Thank you. I apologise for any grammatical errors, my phone is glitching.
submitted by Glum_Feature_2718
to daddit [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 18:30 Hummerous Queer History: Dale Olson
2023.06.07 18:30 gogurtlowburns Full of so much angry energy and need to vent/also celebrate
I am full of rage and angry triumph and outrage and all the big emotions -- I feel like I need to kick a trash can over, or run a mile, or ferociously break a whole bunch of spaghetti in half.
My husband and I were visited by a solar sales rep on Monday, and we're generally nice people, so we let him give the spiel, and we even (foolishly) signed some paperwork to put in an application. He said we'd have 3 business days to cancel, so it didn't feel like we were being terribly rash. I figured, after he left, we'd do more research into what sounded like a pretty good deal and decide if we wanted to stay under contract.
Husband does more research, they weren't lying about things, just overpricing it, and going solar would have us paying a little more than we do right now on electric. So we decided we'd cancel for now, especially because we just recently bought our house and don't even have a full year's worth of energy usage to compare with. Also, my husband lost his job in Feb. and is still looking for work, so not a great time to be signing up for loans, etc.
Well. We tried to contact the sales guy yesterday. No answer. At first, I wasn't too concerned, because he said he's usually busy throughout the day but will get back to us by end of day.
He, of course, did not. Around 10pm last night is when I start seething. We were polite and pleasant, we heard his sale pitch out, but now we want to cancel. It's fully within our right. And this punk won't pick up or respond? Oh hell no.
Like many others, my ADHD helps me go super saiyan in times of chaos. This felt like a time of chaos. If we didn't get this thing canceled, we were going to be responsible for upwards of $60k.
Not on my watch.
First, I email the customer service email saying that we want to cancel and that our sales rep hasn't gotten back to us yet.
Then, I pull up the contract, read about our right to cancel, and see that we have to send a letter -- by US Certified Mail -- declaring our intent and that it must be postmarked (an important detail for later) before midnight of the 3rd business day. I don't even despair too much over having to mail a physical letter because I am powered by pure fury at this point. I go to ChatGPT, ask it to draft the letter with our clear intent, change some information to fit our circumstance, and email it to myself so I can print it at work in the morning (today).
This morning, I have my husband try to call the sales rep again. No answer, again. I go ahead and send him an email, too. (I'd like to add that none of my emails are emotional, just very cold, direct, and firm about what's happening and our decision to cancel and inability to reach sales guy).
Husband drives me to work, I print the letter, we both sign and date it, and I ask husband to take it directly to the post office, get the correct return receipt request thing (that the contract requires), and, for an added bonus, I tell him to overnight it.
At this point, we still hadn't heard anything from the solar company.
Next, after reading some helpful Reddit threads, I call the loan company and explain that we want to cancel. They say no problem, and let me know that I should receive written confirmation in 7 to 10 business days. So even if the solar company doesn't answer, theoretically we can't be charged. Excellent.
But it's still not enough. I find it so disrespectful for them to not answer our calls. When we only have 3 days to cancel, and they won't answer for one of them and show no intent to reach out any time soon, it feels like they're just waiting out the 3 time day frame so that we get trapped in the contract. My sense of justice is highly offended by this scummy practice. They shouldn't be able to do this, but even if I can't stop them, I can warn others.
The company, of course, doesn't have any way to review them on Google. But they do have a profile on the BBB with an option to review. So I file a 1 star review, again very cold, as unemotional as possible, simply outlining how disappointing it is to receive silence when trying to cancel on a deadline.
Then, the company (NOT the sales rep, of course) calls my husband because his number is the one on file. They say they can only talk to me because I'm the one on the contract. They happen to call when I'm not by my phone of course, but the woman leaves a voicemail. In this voicemail, she explains about the letter (they don't know we've already mailed it at this point). She says an email will not suffice, and she says they must receive the letter before midnight of the 3rd day. I'm thinking, Um, that is not what the contract says.
I call back. The same woman happens to pick up. I say I want to cancel, she says no problem, she explains the procedure, and again she says they have to receive the letter before end of 3rd business day.
But I have the contract pulled up and I know that's wrong. And for once -- FOR ONCE -- I'm not a pushover, and I say, "I thought the letter only had to be postmarked before midnight of the 3rd day." She's like, Oh, well, I'm not sure, let me check your contract...She takes a couple of seconds "to read it over" and she's like, Ah, I have your contract here, yes, you're right, it only has to be postmarked, not received, my bad.
I'm like, Okay, thank you. We'll write the letter and send it to you (for some reason, I didn't want to reveal that we had already done exactly that).
So that's it, that's the end of the story, really. I've reached out to the BBB to cancel, or at least edit, my review because now I feel bad about the 1 star review, even if it's all true.
But I am still teeming with adrenaline and vicious triumph. I did all the things necessary to fix this stupid situation (which we never should have allowed to happen in the first place) AND I stuck up for myself and didn't let some gross scare tactics push me around. I handled the situation. I feel like I am OVERFLOWING WITH EMOTIONS. Angry at them because how dare they? Angry at us because how could we? Amped because I feel like my kingdom (lol) has been threatened and I, a knight of the realm, have successfully fended off raiders. I could punch a shark (if it were trying to bite me); I could scale a wall!
But what I can't do right now is answer work emails lmao
If you've come this far, thanks for sticking it out. I just needed to let out all the feelings.
tl;dr -- it's probably good practice to avoid door-to-door salespeople.
submitted by gogurtlowburns
to adhdwomen [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 18:27 kzshantonu Will the post office stay open on Friday?
submitted by kzshantonu to warsaw [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 18:27 SemajPostal Profanity and Profane-laced Tantrums
Earlier in the week, I was out on route and needed more time for my 3996 due to 11 open routes, excessive mail and excessive packages. I called my post master at 3:30 to give a update on my status. He did not think I needed more time and let off profanities like a drunken sailor. He has tantrums time after time during these happenstance’s. I had the last of it and went to confront him but he was out of the office. What steps should I follow so I can have him written up. I want him out of our station for good!
submitted by SemajPostal
to USPS [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 18:22 autotldr Mike Pence's 2024 campaign site glosses over that time he was Donald Trump's vice president
This is the best tl;dr I could make, original
reduced by 46%. (I'm a bot)
Mike Pence's campaign for president in 2024 is up and running - with one major part of his career missing. Summary Source FAQ Feedback Top keywords: Pence#1 Trump#2 during#3 campaign#4 president#5
Pence, Trump's former Vice President, announced he's running for the nation's highest office on Wednesday, saying in a launch video that "Different times call for different leadership."
Pence's campaign website bio details his time as a syndicated radio talk show host, a member of Congress, and governor of Indiana.
It's not surprising Pence would want to distance himself from Trump, who has lashed out at Pence as disloyal for refusing to overturn Joe Biden's win in the 2020 election.
When asked if Pence deserves an apology during CNN's town hall event last month, Trump said that Pence was never in danger and that he "Did something wrong" by not following through on Trump's plan to throw out the election results.
Pence, for his part, said that Trump's "Reckless words endangered my family and everyone at the Capitol that day, and I know history will hold Donald Trump accountable."
Post found in /politics, /politics and /WorldAlerts.
NOTICE: This thread is for discussing the submission topic. Please do not discuss the concept of the autotldr bot here.
submitted by autotldr
to autotldr [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 18:20 eastwardHole535 The Bat of Biting. Offers +15 attack to any Dentist-class player character.
2023.06.07 18:18 OurDancelsDone 27 [F4M] Texas/Online - I am slammed on caffeine
I don’t need to make this post. I am drowning at work. My mind is going 90 miles a minute. I cannot get my job done because I’m waiting for people to respond to me, and they are taking too long.
I’ve had three cups of coffee already, and that’s very rare. I need a bud to text with off and on. We can probably talk about our jobs. I work in an office. People. Technology. Outfits? Management.
I think I’m obligated to ask questions in this post: - are you at work? - can you text often? - do you drink coffee? - a busy day? - lunch plans?
These are just things we can chat about - not stuff you must answer in an initial message.
submitted by OurDancelsDone
to r4r [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 18:15 Naive-Education1820 Similarities to 19 Kids and Counting in their latest YT Video…
So I watched their YouTube video explaining they were starting back up with the show because it is “gods plan.” Here
is the video. They literally said god over 100 times. I honestly like the show because of the girls and the family. Mostly the girls because I watched from the beginning. Obviously it’s morally messed up their using their children for $ but I digress. That’s not my point here. I agree it’s messed up and would never do that to my children.
Watching this video gave me the creeps. SO much Jesus talk and little talk of the reality of their lives. I get Jesus is their life but I’m really glad they keep this Jesus talk out of the show because I’m more secula critical thinke don’t rely on church or “god” to make life decisions for me. Basically they’re saying they did a “Jesus fast” and god “sent messengers” to them to tell them to share their story again.
The main point of this post is to say that THE DUGGAR FAMILY said the same exact thing about their show over and over. In their new expose docuseries “shiny happy people” this is their main reason to do the show, because god wanted them to “share their word and story.” When I heard that my jaw dropped. It’s the same thing the Busbys say.
Does anyone know if the Busby church is loosely connected to IBLP? Presumably not because Danielle works and they’re very modernized. Or does anyone know what denomination they are? Them going back on the show seems like some brainwashing tactics from the church to bring the cash cow back in and bring attention to the church and League City. It seems like Danielle & Adam just blindly listen to the church without thinking critically about things. It worries me for the girls.
Also, I’m from the northeast where these mega churches do not exist. I don’t know people like the Busbys. Apologies if all of this sounds ignorant or offensive but something about that YouTube video really freaked me out. Also “Shiny Happy People” is INSANE and filled with abuse, at the instruction of the church. It really was shining light on how profitable and controlling these mega churches can be. I know the busbys aren’t fundamentalists but all the Jesus talk sounded like major BS.
submitted by Naive-Education1820
to OutdaughteredSnarks [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 18:10 AutoModerator Pejman Ghadimi - Watch Trading (Complete)
Chat us on +44 7593880762 on Telegram/Whatsaap if you are interested in Pejman Ghadimi - Watch Trading Academy.
Watch Trading Academy will teach you how to buy, sell, trade and invest in luxury timepieces.
Watch Trading Academy by Pejman Ghadimi will provide the education and expose the loopholes of the watch trading markets while showing you step-by-step how any person with minimal capital and access to a post office and computer can actually take advantage of this opportunity right from their own home.
Between jeweler margins, sleazy tricks, and private labeled garbage out there, there are tens of thousands of dollars being lost from consumers on each and every watch purchase they make.
This loss is the opportunity for you to step in and earn your cut of that same margin jewelers have been hoarding for themselves.
Pejman Ghadimi's Watch Trading Academy covers everything from which models to buy and which to run away from, how to get started, where to buy and sell, and, most importantly, how to become profitable.
To get Pejman Ghadimi - Watch Trading Academy contact me on: Whatsapp/Telegram: + 44 7593880762 (Telegram: silverlakestoreproducts) Reddit DM to u/RequestCourseAccess Email: silverlakestore/@/yandex.com (remove the brackets)
submitted by AutoModerator
to PejmanGhadimiHere [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 18:09 minjamix Change of address submitted not by me and I don’t have confirmation code to cancel
I moved to the new place in April, and I didn’t have received letter for about a month. I already submitted the change of address but it did not work for awhile, so I went to the local post office to see what happened with my address. Basically, someone(not me) put the change of address under my address by my name (I think it was delivery man because we have talked in front of the mail box about absentee letter and since I talked to him, it all happened) that forwarded all mails to the “VACANT” location.
I asked local post office to cancel that change of address but they said they can’t do it but they said they will manually leave the note to not return my mails. I called usps also, but there is nothing that they can do. After I talked, I left the state to come to my home country so Im not sure if this issue have been addressed or not. In this case, what can I do?
This postman or whoever put the wrong change of address did not use my email, so I did not receive the code by email. The physical copy also didn’t come. Im in urgent situation because my immigration status document is not coming as well.
For clarifying, the address change looks like this in usps’s server: Current : my correct address Forward : [VACANT]
So all mails have been returned.
submitted by minjamix
to USPS [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 18:06 Important_Bad_5731 Freaking Out! Help! Sent DS-11 with No Signature
Trip is 4 weeks away: Yesterday I sent an expedited DS-11 without getting it signed (I was at the post office and the guy looked at it but it was not a passport post office acceptance facility so he just gave me an overnight mailing envelope. I was super stressed, (I have significant ADHD and these kinds of things are torture for me) I misunderstood the process, and I feel like an idiot.
So now, the only copy I have of my birth certificate is in the mail with an unsigned form and a check. Should I go get a signed DS-11 and mail that to the same facility? If I do, will I need to pay the $150 to submit it without a birth certificate?
I called the help line at 8:00AM and was able to get through, I should have read the thread here about NOT using that option because they never called me back so now I have to try again tomorrow.
I did write to my local congress man and am hoping they can help.
Does anyone have experience with this or know what I can do?
submitted by Important_Bad_5731
to Passports [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 18:05 autotldr Mass. postal workers rally to protest cuts, warn of moves to privatize
This is the best tl;dr I could make, original
reduced by 76%. (I'm a bot)
Postal workers from across Massachusetts rallied in Boston on Tuesday to warn the public that their service was being threatened. Summary Source FAQ Feedback Top keywords: service#1 Postal#2 work#3 Boston#4 customer#5
"This is not a labor dispute; this is a public service issue. The American people are owed postal services. The service is breaking its social contract with customers."
"We want to let the public know that the service is being stolen from under their feet," said Scott Hoffman, a former president of the Boston local who is currently serving as a national business agent for American Postal Workers Union.
Postal workers, window clerks and carriers, gathered Tuesday on Dorchester Street in front of the massive Boston Post Office building to alert the public that the deterioration of customer service, delays in deliveries and cancellation of pre-arranged appointments for passports was part of a concerted effort to discredit the service with the public and later privatize it.
"The Postal Service is trying to make a buck at the customers' expense," said Keith Richards, president of the Central Massachusetts Area American Postal Workers Union, Local 4553, based in Auburn.
Many of the rallying workers have been in the Postal Service for decades.
Post found in /politics, /DemocraticSocialism, /AnythingGoesNews and /ProgressiveDemocrats.
NOTICE: This thread is for discussing the submission topic. Please do not discuss the concept of the autotldr bot here.
submitted by autotldr
to autotldr [link] [comments]