San Francisco - the curated subreddit
2016.08.23 07:36 ak217 San Francisco - the curated subreddit
A subreddit for San Francisco news, events, and discussions with a more aggressive moderation policy than /sanfrancisco.
2008.01.25 07:53 San Francisco
Cold summers, thick fog, and beautiful views. Welcome to the subreddit for the gorgeous City by the Bay! San Francisco, California, USA.
2008.07.11 19:44 San Francisco Bay Area
All the best things to do, to see, and discuss in the San Francisco Bay Area!
2023.06.06 01:07 SpySeeTuna1 SF Bay Area Radio Fans Rejoice
submitted by SpySeeTuna1
to GenX [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 16:58 Kgitsdown Help me understand this please
| || |
How are Iron Man and Iron Heart occupying the same location? Both powers were activated as well as Mystique copying Iron Man’s power in the middle lane. submitted by Kgitsdown to MarvelSnap [link] [comments]
2023.05.25 07:04 samuelt525 Pixel Variant Tier List
2023.05.25 04:40 ArmchairCriticSF Bus Etiquette: Backpacks
I'm long overdue for this post/rant: Folks, please take off your damn backpack when riding the bus! Like many, I ride the bus in to the office everyday. And every day, without fail, I am the ONLY person on the ENTIRE BUS who removes their backpack when standing in the aisle. I am continually amazed that it doesn't occur to people to remove theirs! Your footprint is SO MUCH BIGGER with it on! You're bumping into people with every little move you make! TAKE IT OFF, and put it on the floor, between your feet. This is how civilized people do it. Are y'all really this not self-aware? This is low-hanging fruit, folks. TAKE IT OFF! Leave room for your fellow passengers! Don't take MY word for it! Look at this post from SFist: https://sfist.com/2016/05/09/etiquette_week_how_to_ride_a_bus/
(search for the word "backpack" on the page). So this is not just a rant. This is just GOOD SENSE! Think of your fellow riders! Make some room! Take your (GODDAMN) backpack off your back when you're on the bus!
Thank you. I really do appreciate it.
submitted by ArmchairCriticSF
to sanfrancisco [link] [comments]
2023.05.12 11:07 jsllls Budlight pee is toxic to whales
2023.05.11 21:23 defene [Update][Unresolved Disappearance] Renewed activity in 1996 disappearance of 42-year-old Ylva Hagner from Belmont, CA
Ylva Hagner, a Swedish immigrant to the US, disappeared from the small Bay Area suburb of Belmont, CA on October 14th, 1996. She was last seen at her software company's office finishing up work late that night. Her 1992 Honda Civic was found abandoned in the neighboring town of San Carlos, with no trace of Ylva to be found.
A few days ago, police have announced that they are searching the home of Ylva's boyfriend, Thomas Pressburger, in the nearby town of Redwood City. A portion of park directly behind the house, was also closed for the investigation, which reportedly surfaced "nearly a dozen evidence bags". This was not the first home of Pressburger's that has been searched, although as far as I am aware he is not and was never named a formal suspect in the disappearance.
Articles on New Updates ABC7 SFist
One other suspicious figure in this case is a University professor, Bob Collins, who had been sexually harrassing Ylva, and was angered that she spurned his advances towards sex and marriage. The harrassment continued after her disappearance, when Collins spread flyers calling Ylva psychologically distressed, and claimed that she was living amongst the homeless community while also launching his own "investigation". It is worth noting that Collins has also never been named as a formal suspect of person of interest. The actual contents of the harrassing emails that Collins sent to Ylva have not been released, so all we have to go off of are the statements by Ylva's family.
I made a post about this 5 years ago, as it is from my hometown and seemed to fly relatively under the radar for a while as I had never heard of it before doing this research. More info here: https://www.reddit.com/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/6d4x2i/unresolved_disappearance_ylva_annika_hagner_was/
The Trace Evidence podcast did a great deep dive on this case https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSMhWk9zO_Q Archive of Ylva's family's website
Other Links: Charley Project Doe Network
submitted by defene
to UnresolvedMysteries [link] [comments]
2023.05.05 19:32 tyinsf T-Mobile SF flagship store closes
submitted by tyinsf
to tmobile [link] [comments]
2023.04.30 19:29 Infinite-Ad-4566 Fatal collision involving trans 6th grade teacher.
submitted by Infinite-Ad-4566
to LibsOfSocialMedia [link] [comments]
2023.04.22 07:21 DifficultAd7053 Momeni cited for domestic battery in Aug 2022
submitted by DifficultAd7053
to bobleemurder [link] [comments]
2023.04.18 22:47 SeaLionFacts Dude Seen Harassing Pier 39 Sea Lions In Viral Video Being Investigated - SFist
2023.04.11 16:29 FaytLemons Freeway Infrastructure Safety
submitted by FaytLemons
to oakland [link] [comments]
2023.04.09 14:40 iMcZeus Is it Worth changing Servers for *Ping* sake if i have a free IB set (Celestia Master) ?
2023.04.07 02:48 DefenderOfMontrocity Justice Thomas is the number one guest of Bohemian Grove where the elites like Ghislaine Hillhall imitate human sacrifice. It's so bad even media is forced to denounce Bilderberg/Bohemian. Wife of Thomas is linked to project Veritas. Project Veritas recently fired James O'keef for exposing genocide
2023.03.12 18:39 MyFleetwoodMacSxPnts A body in a fish tank: the confusingly "unsolved" murder of Brian Egg haunting San Francisco
Brian Egg Was An Exemplary Member Of Society
Brian Egg was born in San Francisco and grew up there. And as an adult, Brian lived close to his family to keep visiting. For Brian's family, communication played a major role in strengthening their relationships.
Around mid-2018, the family's communication had grown weaker with fewer and fewer visits. With so much free time on his hands, Brian resorted to serving his community. He cleaned up the alleyways and picked up trash in his neighborhood pro bono.
On one weekend, neighbors noticed Brian performing his voluntary community service and entering his house afterward. But, that day marked the last time they ever saw him.
A month later, Brian's brother, Devin, called his phone to catch up, but it went straight to voicemail. Devin was alarmed by this because he knew his brother always answered his phone. In addition, the voice from the answering machine sounded less like Brian's voice.
Devin attempted to call Brian's phone again, and on the third time, it was picked up by a man who claimed his name was Nate. Nate informed Devin that Brian was out taking his dog for a walk and would call him back. But Brian never called back!
Multiple Alerts To 911
By the end of July of that year, Brian's neighbors began suspecting that he was possibly missing. Brian was familiar with almost everyone in his neighborhood, and no one had seen him for a while. Many neighbors informed the police about their worries. There were two possibilities. If Brian wasn't missing, he could be suffering from an injury inside his home.
When the police visited Brian's house, no one answered the door. However, the police did not go further with the investigation. They assumed that Brian had possibly gone out of town without informing anyone. On the other hand, Brian's neighbors didn't settle for that. Something just felt wrong.
But, the police were not taking Brian's case seriously. Thus, one of Brian's neighbors turned to social media to search for him. Everyone in the neighborhood made it their priority to always be on the lookout for any suspicious activity that might be happening at Brian's house.
Within a short period, neighbors noticed two strangers frequently entering and leaving Brian's house. The two men appeared to be homeless and used Brian's house as their own for a while. Thus, neighbors alerted the police so they could look into the situation. Again, the police department didn't take the case seriously.
Perpetrators Had Time To Get Rid of The Evidence
Alarmed by the fact that Brian had not contacted any of his family members in months, Brian's sister reported her suspicion to the police. And, on August 4th, the police visited Brian's house to investigate. However, no one answered the door.
After the authorities left, neighbors claimed that they noticed what appeared to be a deep and thorough cleaning at Brian's house. Soap bubbles emerged from Brian's door, and there was also a strong bleach scent that came from the house.
The strangers who were living at Brian's house were seen painting inside a portion of the house; they were trying to cover something up.
On August 7th, Brian's sister filed for a missing person's report. A week later, Brian's neighbors called the police, informing them of a crime scene clean-up company outside Brian's home for some time.
The police took the report seriously and searched Brian's home. They arrested one of the strange men, Robert McCaffrey, who was living there for almost two months. Two days later, the other stranger, Lance Silva, was located and arrested.
The two men were charged with ID theft and financial crimes. The strangers had used Brian's credit cards, including in purchasing a car.
A thorough search was conducted on Brian's house, and four days later, police discovered a storage room under a staircase. Inside the room, police uncovered a hidden fish tank. And, inside the fish tank, the police noticed a torso of a beheaded body. It was later confirmed that it was Brian's dismembered body.
Brian's death was ruled as a homicide, and the two strange men were charged with the homicide. However, the San Francisco District Attorney's office later dropped all the charges against Robert and Lance. To this day, the two men are free.
No one was ever found guilty of Brian's murder.
- Late May or early June 2018: Brian Egg last seen in his South of Market neighborhood, San Francisco police say.
- June or July 2018: Egg's brother, Devon Egg, says he phoned his brother and an answering machine picked up with a request to leave a message. He said his brother never used an answering machine and he didn't recognize the voice on the machine. He called back and someone answered who gave his name as Nate. He said his brother would call him right back after he finished walking his dog. No one called back.
- June 1, 2018: Court records show that a 2007 BMW was purchased for $5500 by someone who had identified themselves as Brian Egg from a dealership in Newark. A purchase document for the sale would later be found in possession of Lance Silva after he was arrested in connection with Egg's disappearance.
- June 15, 2018: The BMW purchased on June 1 was towed from 379 5th Street in San Francisco for parking in a no-stopping zone. It was retrieved later that day by two men, one of whom identified themselves as Paul Foran, the second was identified by police from surveillance video as Lance Silva.
- Late July 2018: Police say they receive the first calls from neighbors reporting Egg's disappearance. Officers respond to the home twice. They knocked on the door. Each time, there was no answer and the officers left.
- August 2, 2018 Egg's longtime neighbor and friend Scot Free makes a post on the social media site Nextdoor to alert neighbors. Neighbors expressed their concern and said they would also report the suspicious activity at the home to police. Strangers were seen coming and going from home.
- August 4 or 5th, 2018: Neighbors say the third check by police apparently prompted the people living in the house to frantically clean. They observed soap suds coming out of the home and bleach was being used to clean the front of the home. Someone in the home and also painted part of the front of the home including a door.
- August 7, 2018: Police say Egg's sister filed a missing person's report. They send officers out to the house for a third time. But again, after no one answers the door, they leave.
- August 14, 2018: Neighbors call 911 after the private crime scene cleanup company Aftermath showed up to clean the home. Robert McCaffrey, 52, was arrested at the home. Neighbors say he had at least $1,000 cash in hand to pay the company for the job.
- August 16, 2018: Police arrest Lance Silva, 39, in a nearby residential hotel. Both men are charged with homicide, ID theft, elder abuse and financial crimes. But the San Francisco District attorney's Office eventually drops the charges pending further investigation. McCaffrey is freed. Silva is held in jail in Alameda County by authorities for a parole violation. Court records show he had a prior convictions for grand theft. The parole violation stemmed from identity theft and fraud charges. Police believe he was using Egg's debit card.
- August 17, 2018: After searching the home for four days, police find a human torso in a large fish tank that was hidden in the home. They seek DNA samples from family members in an effort to identify the remains.
- August 23, 2018: Neighbors say that a round-the-clock surveillance of the home by police since August 14 ends.
- August 28, 2018: San Francisco police hold press conference revealing details of the case for the first time. They defend not taking further action during those three checks on the home. They say there wasn't sufficient suspicion break into the home but neighbors strongly dispute that.
- August 29, 2018: Lance Silva appeared in court in Alameda County to face charges related to a parole violation.
- April 24, 2019: Lance Silva released from jail after 'sentence served'
- May 2019: Egg's death officially ruled a homicide by San Francisco Medical Examiner
submitted by MyFleetwoodMacSxPnts
to UnresolvedMysteries [link] [comments]
2023.02.28 16:17 VKTGC The dumbest game I've ever played.
2023.02.17 20:08 iDevice_Help Elon Musk's Twitter Debacle Mocked On Mardi Gras Parade Float - SFist
2023.02.15 19:08 iDevice_Help Humpday Headlines: Elon Musk Says New Twitter CEO Will Be Chosen By Year-End - SFist
2023.02.15 08:06 myavacadoisdead Attempted Murder of Cycling Activists
submitted by myavacadoisdead
to fuckcars [link] [comments]
2023.02.07 11:08 iDevice_Help Report: Child Exploitation Content Proliferating on Twitter, Despite Musk's Claims He's Stamping It Out - SFist
2023.02.01 07:21 BillFireCrotchWalton Is NBA superstar Steph Curry a NIMBY for opposing affordable housing? r/NBA discusses.
Article: Steph and Ayesha Curry Oppose New Multi-Family Housing Near Home in Exclusive South Bay Town
Excerpt from the article:
Mercury News obtained a copy of an email that the Currys reportedly sent to Atherton mayor Mayor Bill Widmer and City Manager George Rodericks. It reads:
“We hesitate to add to the ‘not in our backyard’ (literally) rhetoric, but we wanted to send a note before today’s meeting,” the couple wrote just hours before the Atherton City Council convened to discuss revisions to its 2023-2031 housing element. Due Jan. 31, the plan lays out how the affluent burg will meet a state mandate to increase its supply of affordable, multi-family housing over the next eight years … We kindly ask that the town adopts the new housing element without the inclusion of 23 Oakwood (Blvd.). Should that not be sufficient for the state, we ask that the town commits to investing in considerably taller fencing and landscaping to block sight lines onto our family’s property.” The drama:
really kinda shitty tbh
You’d do the same if it was going to kill your property value and quality of life.
What great Christians!
Its Atherton, this is just some real estate developer trying to make a quick buck, aint no poor people able to afford those houses
Have you lived around poor people? Would not recommend 0 out of 10.
You obviously have an agenda dog, there’s nothing wrong with petitioning your city council for more privacy from new developments, especially when your entire life is in the public eye as is
Yes, my super nefarious agenda of "poor people should get housing too." Don't expose me!
This is the reason that high-rise apartment buildings and single family homes are usually separated.
Yes, because single family zoning laws have definitely worked really, really well in this country!
submitted by BillFireCrotchWalton
to SubredditDrama [link] [comments]
2023.02.01 01:39 Faction_Chief /r/news - https://sfist.com/2023/01/31/the-same-sinkhole-in-tracy-claims-three-vehicles-all-because-drivers-ignore-road-closures/
submitted by Faction_Chief
to NoFilterNews [link] [comments]
2023.01.31 11:39 Faction_Chief /r/news - https://sfist.com/2023/01/30/senior-care-worker-charged-with-elder-abuse-after-94-year-old-man-dies-from-drinking-cleaning-fluid/
submitted by Faction_Chief
to NoFilterNews [link] [comments]